DR. YASHPAL SHARMA
FATHER’S NAME LATE SHRI DURGA DASS SHARMA
REGISTRATION NO. 3774 (J&K MEDICAL COUNCIL)
PERMANENT ADDRESS VASUDEVKUTUMBHKUM
HOUSE NO. 198/1, CHANNI HIMMAT,
HOUSING COLONY, JAMMU-180 015
TELEPHONE:-0191 2460665(R) 2547635(O)
FAX: 0191- 2547639
b). D.H. & H.M.
c). M.H.A. All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
· Without attempt
· 2nd position in general surgery.
One year’s compulsory rotatory internship
Six months House Job in the Department of General Surgery, Govt. Medical
College Jammu, with effect from
Six months House Job in the Department of Radiotherapy,
B. POST GRADUATION
a) One year Post Graduation Diploma (DH&HM): Diploma in Health and
b) Masters Degree(MHA) in Hospital Administration, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-1998.
Medical Superintendent, SMGS
Hospital Jammu with effect from
b) Incharge, TeleMedicine Govt. Medical College Jammu established in April, 2003
c) Public Relation Officer & Spokesperson Govt. Medical College & its Associated Hospitals Jammu w.e.f May 2003 in addition to job assigned at S.No-a.
Deputy Medical Superintendent,
Deputy Medical Superintendent
at Col. R.N. Chopra Nursing Home, Govt. Medical College Jammu with effect
District Training Officer to
develop and train the manpower of the district in Reproductive and Child
Health programme with effect from December
Deputy Medical Superintendent
Two years as Resident Administrator,
Three years and six months
as Demonstrator in the Department of Microbiology at Govt. Medical College
Jammu with effect from
One year and six months Rural
Service at Primary Health Centre, Tikri with
k) Two years Rural Service at P.H.C. Hartaryan, District Udhampur with effect from 22-9-1989 to 13-08-1991 under MCH and Family Welfare Programme (Population of less than 5000 and without Municipal area).
1. Life member of
2. Life member of Indian Hospital Association,
Life member of AIIMSONIANS,
4. Life Member of Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management.
Publications & RESEARCH Works
A. JOURNALS :
List of Publications in Journals included in Medical Database, Medical Literature. Analysis & Retrieval System (Medlar) etc.
1. Sharma Yashpal, Shakti Gupta: Absenteeism among Group-D employees, Journal of the Academy of Hospital Administration, Vol. 8, No. 2, January 1996 pg 43-51.
2. Sharma Yashpal, Singh Hari, Chaubey P.C., Chandra Hem, Roy P.K.; emergency Services in two Premier Health Institutions in Delhi-A Critical Review-Journal of the Academy of Hospital Administration, Vol 10, No. 1, January-98, pg. No. 25-32.
3. Chaubey P.C., Roy P.K., Sharma Yashpal, Singh Hari, Chandra Hem:
Increasing Trend of patient Work Load in recent past in AIIMS Emergency
Medical Services-Journal of the
4. Gupta Shakti, Sharma R.K., Sharma
Yashpal, Vij Aarti:
Planning and Designing of Out Patient Department of a
5. Gupta Shakti, Sharma R.K., Sharma
Yashpal: Planning and Designing of Emergency department of
6. Sharma R.K., Chaubey P.C., Sharma Yashpal, Sen S: Work study of nurses in General Medical ward of large teaching Hospital, Journal of Academy of Hospital Administration, Vol 10, No. 2, July-98, Pg. 33-39.
7. Sharma Yashpal, Mahajan Poonam: Role of Medical Audit in Health Care Evaluation, JK Science Journal of Medical Sciences and Research, Vol 1, No. 4; Oct-Dec. 1999.
8. Sharma Yashpal; Management of complaints in the Hospital; Journal of Academy of Hospital Administration, Jan-June 2001; 13(1) Pg. 43-44.
9. Sharma Yashpal, Singh Jasbir: Security Risks/Vulnerabilities V/s Security Tactics to prevent loss in Hospitals, JK Science Journal of Medical Sciences & Research Vol 2, No. 3, July-Sept., 2000, Pg. 165-168.
10. Sharma Yashpal, Development of triage system, Journal of Indian Hospital Administration, Volume XXXVII No. I and II March/June 2000 Pg. 38-54.
11. Sharma Yashpal, Sarma
R.K., Chaubey P.C. Cost Analysis of Inpatient
Care in a
12. Sharma Yashpal, Gupta Romesh, Development of an Ideal System for segregation of Bio-Medical Waste at Govt. Medical Hospital Jammu-WHO funded and CPCB sponsored project. Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol 6, No. 1, January
- List of Publication in journals, not included in medical Database, but published
in Journal of National Societies/ Professional Associations
Yashpal, Bella Mahajan:
Hospital Keeping, Newsletter, Medical Teachers Association,
Bella Mahajan: A New Dimension, Newsletter,
Medical Teachers Association,
Bella Mahajan: Role of Computers in Hospital,
Newsletter, Medical Teachers Association,
PROJECTS AND RESEARCH COMPLETED & ADDITIONAL ASSIGNMENTS
1. A study of Group-D employees in
2. A study of Prevalence, Prevention and Control of Hook warm disease
3. A study of Cost Analysis in Inpatient Care at selected speciality wards at AIIMS,
4. An organisational a nd functional study
of Intensive Care Unit (AB-8) at AIIMS,
5. Conversion of D-6 Emergency Ward at AIIMS into a Model Ward.
6. An organizational and functional study of Medical Gas Pipe Line System at AIIMS and calculation of additional requirement of gas points in the hospital Development of technical specifications/terms and conditions for new Medical Gas Pipe Line System at AIIMS.
7. Development of training module for the pharmacists of Punjab Health Systems Corporation.
8. Development of training module on the Hospital Waste Management trainer’s training for doctors/nurses of Punjab Health System Corporation.
9. Project Coordination in the WHO funded project of Central Pollution
10. Working as Nodal Officer for making a documentary film on Hospital
Waste Management. The project is sponsored by Central Pollution Control
Board, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India,
11. Developed a Website of Govt. Medical College Jammu (www.jammugmc.com) and working as its Nodal Officer.
12. Member Secretary
· Sub Committee of Central Purchase Committee.
Standing Medical Examination Board, GMC
· House Job Selection Committee.
13. Member of the following Committees since, 2004
· Registrar/ Demonstrators Selection Committee.
Inspection of Nursing Homes and
14. Member of the following Projects :
Revised the norms for
Chapters in standard text books/ volume of proceedings of Major National and Inter- National Conference of recognized Professional Societies/Associations.
1. Sharma Yashpal, Gupta S: Medico legal responsibilities of Casualty Medical Officers and Hospital Administrators, Medical Ethics, Health Legislation and Patient Care in India, Ist edition; Saurabh Publishers, New Delhi.
2. S. Sen, Sharma Yashpal; Lacunae and Suggestions for Human Organ Transplantation Act, Medical Ethics, Health Legislation and Patient Care in India, Ist edition, Saurabh Publishers, New Delhi.
3. Sharma Yashpal(Author); Manual on Hospital Waste Management, 2001 edition published by Hospital Administration, Govt. Medical College Jammu.
4. Sharma Yashpal(Author); Fire Manual 2002 edition, published by Hospital Administration, Govt. Medical College Jammu.
5. Sharma Yashpal(Author); Manual on Disaster Management in Govt. Medical College Hospital 2002 edition published by Hospital Administration, Govt. Medical College Jammu.
6. Sharma Yashpal(Author); Hem Chandra, Sharma D.K. (Co-authors), Book on Hospital & Medical Gases Management; Ist edition 2001, ISBN No. 81-73230143-4 published by Bharat Book Centre, Lucknow(UP).
7. Sharma Yashpal(Author); Book on Job Functions, Ist Edition, 2002 published by Durga Printers, Ambphalla, Jammu.
8. Sharma R.K, Yashpal Sharma(Authors), A Hand book on Hospital Administration making a difference, 2003, ISBN No:-81-8914-00-1 published by Durga Printers, Ambphalla Jammu (J&K).
Disaster Management Plan for
10. Prepared Contingency Plan to meet any eventuality in case of war for District Udhampur, J&K (unpublished).
1. Asstt. Editor of Book-Medical Ethics, Health Legislation and patient care in India, edited by Dr. P.C. Chaubey (Ist edition) 1998, published by Saurabh Publishers, New Delhi.
2. Editor of Book-Hospital Waste Management-An holistic approach, Ist edition, 1998 published by Department of Hospital Administration, AIIMS, New Delhi.
3. Editor of Souvenir-International Conference on Emergency Medical
Services System, AIIMS (
4. Editor of Souvenir-Symposium on Hospital Waste Management-Govt. Medical College Jammu with effect from
5. Asstt. Editor-JK Science, Journal of Medical Sciences and Research with effect from 2001.
6. Editor of Souvenir –”DISMAN 2003”, A workshop on Development of Contingency plans during disasters, for different hospitals of Jammu province, rganized at Govt. Medical College Jammu w.e.f. 14th – 16th March, 2003. A WHO sponsored workshop.
SPECIAL SERVICE TO THE PROFESSION/ COMMUNITY
Organization ability for professional conferences, Symposia, meetings – both National and International/ promotion of Medical Education and CME/ attainment of excellence in quality of patient care.
1. Participated in International Continuing Medical Education(CME)
Programme in Radiation Oncology in
2. Attended National Symposium on Waste Management at All India
Institute of Medical Sciences held with effect from
3. Attended training programme on Health
and Hospital Management sponsored by Ministry of Personnel, Govt. of
India, organised by Department of Hospital
4. Event Manager in National Symposium (HEAT-97)-Hospital Equipment, Appliances & Technology, organised by Department of Hospital Administration, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 17th February 1997 to 19th February 1997.
5. Attended WHO workshop on Health Legislation and Medical Ethics
for medical professionals organised by DGHS,
Department of Hospital Administration and Department of Forensic Medicine,
6. Course Co-ordinator at Programme on Health and Hospital Management sponsored by Ministry of Personnel, Govt. of India, held in April, 1997.
7. Member of the Organising Committee
of National Seminar on Emergency Care in Urban India, organised
by Department of Hospital Administration, AIIMS,
8. Course Co-ordinator for training programmes for Pharmacists of Punjab Health Systems Corporation with effect from February to August, 1998 (Trained more than 300 pharmacists).
9. Organising Secretary of International
Conference on Emergency Medical Services System (EME-98) held from
10. Participated in the training programme on Resuscitation and Emergency Care at All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi (April 1998).
11. Course Co-ordinator of training programme on “Hospital Waste Management” trainer’s training
for doctors of Punjab Health Systems Corporation with effect from
12. Course Co-ordinator of training programme on “Clinical update for doctors of Peripheral Health
Institutions” with effect from
13. Participated in Corporate Computer Training Programme
with effect from
14. Event Manager in Surgical Workshop at District Hospital Udhampur held on
15. Attended National Conference on “Total Quality Management and Accreditation
in Hospitals at AMC-Centre Lucknow with effect
16. Successfully completed training course for District Key Trainers
under RCH programme from
17. Attended National Convention and Conference on “Recent trends in
Hospital Administration” at SGPGIMS-Lucknow
held with effect from
18. Organising Secretary of symposium on
Hospital Waste Management, Govt. Medical College Jammu with effect from
19. Attended National Conference-QUEST 2001: Hospital Administration
with effect from
20. Attended National Conference on Infection Control in Indian Hosiptals Challenges and Strategies (HICCON-2001) organised by Department of Hospital Administration, all India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi with effect from 17-10-2001 to 19-10-2001.
21. Guide for “A study on Absenteeism amongst sanitation attendants” of Govt. Medical College Jammu conducted by Dr. Kavi Raj Dubey submitted to Indra Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi in partial fulfillment for Post-Graduate Diploma Course on Health and Hospital Management (DH&HM) (December, 2001).
22. Attended “Medical Architecture Workshop 2002” with effect from 15th March, 2002 to 17th March 2002 at Hotel Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi organised by Indian Institute of Architects in collaboration with AIIMS, New Delhi and co-sponsored by WHO and presented a scientific paper on “Planning consideration of Emergency Medicine Department”.
24. Member of Joint Action Committee to develop an ideal
system of Segregation of Bio-Medical Waste at
25. Organising Secretary of Workshop
on Development of Contingency Plans during disasters for various
26. Attended Conference EPIC-2003 organised
by Department of Hospital Administration - A. F. M. C. Pune
and chaired a session in IV Annual Conference of Indian Society of Hospital
waste management organized at
HONORS, PRIZES, AWARDS, WHO’S WHO LISTINGS
1. Member of WHO expert committee
for development of National guidelines on Hospital Waste Management
which met at AIIMS,
2. Appointed as member of the committee for suggesting measures for improvement in over all functioning of Lalla Ded Hospital, Srinagar with Medical reference to discipline, sanitation security vide Govt. Order No. 165 HME of 2001.
3. Appointed as External Examiner for evaluation of Post Graduate
students (MHA) by Department of Hospital Administration at AIIMS,
4. Member of committee headed by Director Health Services,
5. Member of Joint Project Standing Committee(JPSC) appionted by Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi to supervise the implementation of WHO funded project “strenthening hospital waste management programme’ at Vivekanand Polyclinic of Rama Krishna Mission Serashram, Vivekanand, Puram Lucknow. The project was successfully implemented and completed in October, 2001.
6. Appointment as Examiner of PGDHHM programme
conducted by Indra Gandhi National Open University,
7. Appointed as external examiner of the trainees of AMT school
8. Appointed as resource faculty for training programme “Hospital Management and Administration” at Indian
Institute of Coal Management, Ranchi for training
the Medical Superintendents (E5) grade, GDMOs
& Non specialists. The training is organised
in collaboration with AIIMS,
9. Teaching faculty at Govt. Medical College Jammu, participating in integrated teaching programme for postgraduate which are being organised by Medical Education unit, Govt. Medical College Jammu.
10. Elected as member of the Executive Committee of Academy of Hospital Administration, New Delhi during General body meeting at Goa, October, 2002.
11. Appointed as Core Member for “Development of Curriculum in Family Medicine for DNB” organised by National Board of Examination in the Board Room of AIIMS, New Delhi on 15th March 2002.
12. Appointed as member of Working group develop curricullum for Medical Service Assistant Course PSSCIVE at
13. Appointed as Member of Expert Committee for approval of New Treatment technologies and finalization of two draft guidelines for design and construction of Biomedical Waste Incinerator and Common Bio Medical Waste treatment facility, meeting of which was held on 13th may, 2001 at 2nd floor Parivesh Bhawan, Central Pollution Control Board, Delhi and the guidelines were finalized.
Appointed as member of Expert Committee Bio M edical
Waste Management by Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment
& Forests, Govt. of
Awarded W.H.O fellowship in Health Economics at
12 (a) The following services are being carried out in addition, which are outside the
domain of the assigned responsibility as a part of social work for the community.
1. Health Mela at Village Thial : A Health Mela is organized at my native village in the memory of my late father Sh. Durga Dass Sharma for the last 10 years. This Health Mela is organized in association with Directorate of Health Services Jammu where facilities of most of the specialties, diagnostic facilities, free medicines, free food and the cataract operations are carried out. This year the camp was organized in the month of August 2006 where more than 1500 patients were examined and treated and 60 patients were operated for cataract surgery. The press cuttings are enclosed.
Award Function on 26th
January : Every year on 26th January, a function
is organized at
3. Cricket Tournament: is organized in village Chokan in the memory of my father Lt. Sh. Durga Dass Sharma (where Govt. has proposed to construct a mini-stadium) to inculcate sportsmanship in the students of the coming generation. This event is organized in the month of February- March every year.
Infrastructure Development: A trust has been constituted in the name of Lt. Sh.
Durga Dass Sharma
i.e Sh. Durga
Dass Memorial Trust ( SDDMT) in which all
the family members are working as members and looking after the development
of infrastructure in village. Recently electrification of